- Special 75° attack angle is perfect for cleaning away snow and ice without destroying road markings or hitting obstacles on the road surface.
- Rapid snow clearance does not obscure the driver’s vision at any speed thanks to the 42° degree swiveling angle and deep wing structure.
- Slush clearing with a second T2 cutting edge creates a cleaning result comparable with brush cleaning. The T2 cutting edge delivers top-speed clearing without time or fuel losses.
- Designed for long life span: minimal service requirements thanks to modern components, intelligent solutions and special treatment of parts.
- Cost-effective snow plough: the aggressive angle of attack, together with aerodynamic, flow-optimised polyethylene wing with low friction surface, reduces fuel consumption considerably and keeps costs low.
- Comfort for the driver: the black matt polyethylene wing combined with the iFlex blade system reduces noise pollution and increases the driver’s comfort and safety of work.
Fast and agile snow plough
High manoeuvrability is necessary when plowing any urban area, and the HPD snow plough meets that requirement perfectly. The swiveling angle of the plough can be adjusted steplessly during snow ploughing.
The HPD snow plough wing is made of lightweight and durable polyethylene with good chemical and corrosion resistance and excellent abrasion and wear characteristics. Together with ultra-strong steel framing, the plough wing is resistant to extreme longitudinal and lateral forces, creating a major safety factor and long product lifecycle.
The HPD has a diagonal structure for raising up and handling snow far from the road surface, even at low speeds. The flexible plough blade consists of 4-5 sections which follow the road surface individually, ensuring a perfect cleaning result.
Second cutting edge T2
The T2 second cutting edge is designed for highly efficient wet snow and slush removal. It is activated with double function hydraulic cylinders and follows the road surface in addition to the main cutting edge. The T2 is divided into sections which can follow the road surface individually, with a perfect finishing result, which significantly reduces the need for salt to melt the rest of the snow. The T2 cutting edge pressure is factory-adjusted so the driver can focus on working at any speed, without worrying about raising the main cutting edge.
Override safety system with iFlex
The iFlex blade components work as override safety device. Made from polyurethane with a longitudinal stretch ratio of 300%, the components bend backwards and slightly lift plough up, forming an angle to by-pass an obstacle, before returning back to an aggressive attack angle. All these movements occur without need of plough support, and the iFlex is completely maintenance free.
The plough wing reduces noise emissions due to its flexible elements and wing material. However, the addition of the iFlex blade delivers the cleanest and quietest ploughing, which reduces the environmental noise of plowing in residential areas allowing work to be done with minimum disturbance at night.
The HPD’s lifting device has a parallelogram design with vertical, horizontal and cross supports. All joints have bronze bearings with grease nipples and black nitrated pin and are 90mm thick for extra strength and a longer working life. The plough has one powerful lifting cylinder and two synchronized swiveling cylinders, with safety valve.
The whole lifting device acts as a safety device in the event of an accident by absorbing the impact, thereby protecting the road maintenance truck.
Hydraulic swiveling system
The plough wing turns 42° left and right with the help of two double-acting cylinders which have connection points to the power frame at the bottom of the wing. This provides the best pushing force while maintaining the stability of the snow plough in use.
Kerb stone protectors
The HPD has protection from kerb stones both left and right, helping it to operate in cities and near water collection devices on highways without risk of damage.
The snow visor is made from robust and flexible polyurethane and continues the wing cylinder shape. It helps to roll snow inside the wing and eject it fast using aerodynamic forces. This prevents snow obscuring the driver’s windscreen and mirrors, making ploughing safe and comfortable.
A stainless steel snow handling plate improves snow rotation in the wing still further to keep it clear.
The HPD has a variety of different attachment plates for different markets so that it can operate effectively with a wide variety of trucks, tractors, graders and wheel loaders.
- T2 double blade system
- Wear disk support
- Gel filled wheel set
- Edge marking poles
- Side rollers with edge marking poles (gliders)
- Steel blade set
- Hard metal blade set
- LED lights with reflectors