The modern Terratrac+ is characterised by the best lifting forces, enormous manoeuvrability, elegant design, high-torque engines and an intuitive operating concept. The comfort cab offers optimum visibility and space as well as useful details such as cell phone and bottle holder, document compartment and universal box. The standard vibration damping system improves driving safety, increases driving comfort and protects the machine against operational stresses with attached implements.
Aebi｜TT 241⁺ / TT 281⁺
- Highest lifting forces for even more power
- Easy stepless travel thanks to hydrostatic drive
- Efficient and stress-free work thanks to simple and logical operating concept
- Suitable for any terrain, whether extreme slopes or flat areas
- Ideally suited for agriculture and municipal customers with green space management
- Safety: built for safe work on the most demanding terrain, low center of gravity, lightweight
- Ecological: economical diesel engines, ECO drive reduces fuel consumption
- Ride comfort and ease of operation: optimum operating speed continuously adjustable, generous space in the driver's cab, pinpoint control of the instruments with just one finger
- Gentle on the ground: low ground contact pressure protects the grass cover, wide-profile tyres mean little or no soil compaction
- Multi-functionality: all-year multi-purpose application, easy and quick change of attachments
Variable-speed drive: The variable-speed hydrostatic drive brings nothing but benefits and has clearly established the Terratrac amongst steep-slope implement carriers. The continuous adjustment of the driving speed, precise manoeuvrability, the constant positive engagement between engine and wheels and the excellent, wear-free brake action of the hydrostatic drive are premium features that increase efficiency, save fuel and offer maximum safety.
Hydraulic weight transfer: Thanks to the hydraulic weight transfer system the attachment does not have to be manually adjusted to the terrain profile – this technology automatically handles it for you. This feature, combined with the lateral pendulum-type suspension, allows for precise alignment to the terrain, ensuring cleaner operation.
Terrain adjustment: The front axle can rotate against the rear, aligning the machine to the terrain with absolute precision. The integrated skew suppression works progressively until it stops.
Smart work with automated processes: The intelligently interlinked technology automatically turns on the all-wheel steering system and lifts the rear hoist as soon as the front hoist is lifted. This saves you time and allows you to work smarter.
Vibration dampin: The hydraulic system counterbalances vibrations between the Terratrac and the attachments to prevent shocks. This allows for faster shifting operations, in addition to protecting the driver and the vehicle.
Well-balanced weight distribution: The ground pressure of the individual wheels is well balanced, increasing the vehicle’s slope efficiency, protecting the ground and reducing wear on tyres.
Torsen / T-Traction: The Torsen centre differential ensures continuous distribution of the drive torque to all four wheels. This protects drive components and wheels, while also being easy on the ground. The optionally available T-Traction prevents front or rear wheels with no appropriate counterweight from slipping in challenging situations.
Front and rear hydraulics: The powerful lifting gears make it possible to operate a wide range of attachments simultaneously. The hydraulic side shift at the front up to 12.40’’ is fitted as standard. When mounting or demounting the attachments, the raising and lowering function and a freely selectable controller, can be conveniently operated from the outside.
Four steering modes: In all Terratrac models, the touch of a button enables you to switch between front, all-wheel, rear or crab steering. Zero-point adjustment takes place automatically.
- Automatic Drive Control (ADC): The ADC automatically adjusts the maximum driving speed to the attachment’s power requirements. At maximum overloading, the drive power is reduced and the engine speed is increased again as soon as the power requirement on the PTO (Power Take-off) shaft is reduced. The Terratrac’s driving speed is increased again without the driver having to intervene, enabling the engine to run economically within the optimum speed range.
- TipTronic: The TipTronic allows a highly precise and sensitive speed adjustment and is adjustable at the touch of a button.
- Four drive programs
- Road operation: 100% of the engine output acts on the drive. Full torque at 1300 1/min.
- Mowing: 30-70% of the engine output acts on the drive. Full torque at 1400 1/min.
- Snow cutting: 10-20% of the engine output acts on the drive. Full torque at 2000 1/min.
- Proportional: 30-70% of the engine output acts on the drive. Automotive or proportional driving is selected at the touch of a button.
Cabin: The low-level access to the spacious cabin is very convenient. All controls are arranged ergonomically with a perfect view of the attachments, while the automatic climate control system ensures pleasant temperatures in the dust-proof cab on even the hottest days.
A drive level without compromise: Outstanding ergonomics, comfort and functionality, with pinpoint and ultra-quick instrument control with just one finger. A new drive lever with Smart Navigator is integrated into the armrest and allows for a relaxed posture in any situation.
Comfort seat and swivelling mechanism: The comfort seat can be equipped with air suspension and/or a mechanical/ automatic swivelling meachanism. The air suspension absorbs strong shocks while the swivelling mechanism enables the driver to sit upright on sloping terrain, noticeably increasing the ride comfort.
Cool – with a system: The fan intensity of the cooling system is controlled according to the thermal load in the vehicle, and gives more available power with lower fuel consumption. This is cool technology in the truest sense which thinks for you – ideal for challenging work. The individual coolers can be easily folded up for cleaning, and the engine compartment is easily accessible.
Ventilation: The optional reversible fan automatically and intermittently changes the rotational direction during operation, creating a self-cleaning cooling system with more available output.
Work lamps: Adjustable work lamps are integrated forward in the roof as standard and their high position provides optimal illumination. Optional rear work lights are also available.
The engine speed is reduced while the driving speed remains constant, resulting in reduced fuel consumption and a lower noise level.
- Mowing work: Mowing is by far the most common application for the Terratrac. For mowing work in different forage conditions, disc mower, drum mower or portal mower can be used. In the same operation, the forage is prepared by the trailed articulated tedder.
- Forage harvest: The Terratrac can easily handle powerful attachments with large working widths. Rotary tedders, belt or swath rakes, balers, wrappers, bale tongs and self-loading wagons can all be used with ease. The quick and easy change of equipment, made possible by the external operation of the hoists, is a welcome addition, especially in the very labour-intensive hay-making industry.
- Cuttings harvest in wet areas: The low unladen weight, distributed over four wide low-pressure tyres with dual wheels, results in very low ground pressure and makes the Terratrac ideal for reed cutting and harvesting, even in winter on frozen ground.
- Pasture maintenance: Mulching with the flail mower ensures uniform growth and prevents scrub encroachment on cultivated land. Alpine meadows, forest edges, overgrown areas and slopes can all be efficiently maintained with the Terratrac.
- Fertilisation: In order to bring in a rich harvest, fertilisation is necessary. The Terratrac can be used to spread fertiliser or liquid manure - even in the most extreme locations.
- Transport: With its high tractive power, manoeuvrability and continuously variable drive, the Terratrac is an ideal transporter, even in the tightest of spaces. The trailer hitch is height adjustable. while small jobs can also be carried out with the front or rear shovel.
- Damp and swampy surfaces: The Terratrac is unbeatable when it comes to the care of damp and swampy surfaces. With its crawler chassis, it can access places where conventionally-wheeled vehicles could not reach.
- Embankments: Equipped with a flail mower, the Terratrac mows steep motorway or road embankments extremely quickly. Interference with traffic flow is kept to a minimum as it operates directly on the embankment, not the hard shoulder or road.
- Dam maintenance: The Terratrac is perfect for mowing tasks near dams; it protects the sensitive turf, while the high mowing performance allows efficient deployment on extensive dam areas. The driver can use the swivel mechanism to correct the seating position and work in comfort on the steepest slopes.
- Parks: For fine lawns, sickle mowers with movable cutting decks adapt precisely to the terrain and achieve mowing widths of well over two metres. The attached mowing container simultaneously removes all mowed material.
- Nature conservation: Reed-grown areas can be mown with the greatest of ease. If the soil is too wet, crawler tracks can prevent the Terratrac from sinking into it. To protect wildlife, gently-operating portal cutter bars are often used, which have a large operating width but a low unladen weight.
- Green space maintenance: Various green spaces can be maintained using flail, rotary, disc or side mowers. The combination of mower and suction unit makes it possible to collect the cuttings in a single pass.
- Road cleaning: Roads and pathways can be cleared of leaves in autumn while coarse dirt can swept aside by a brush attachment, like the Schmidt VKS 24. And professional snow clearance and de-icing in winter is one of the Terratrac’s specialities.
- Transport: Trailer attachments make it possible to transport high loads, while smaller jobs can be performed with the front shovel.
- Stationary power source: Attachments, such as performance leaf blowers, shredders or water pumps, can also be powered while stationary via the PTO (Power Take-off) shaft.
- Mowing in wetlands: The large surface area of the optional crawler tracks enables the Terratrac to perform mowing operations in wetlands or on terrain with limited weight-bearing capability.
- Hose installation: Using the front-mounted hose reel, the Terratrac is capable of quickly installing or winding up hose lines, even on difficult terrain.
Winter and sports field maintenance
- Winter maintenance: The Terratrac is ideally suited to snow-clearing and offers an excellent opportunity for inter-company operations in the quieter months of the year. Equipped with a snow plough or snow blower, it clears the snow from roads in the shortest possible time. And, with a combination of plough at the front and mounted spreader at the rear, snow removal and de-icing can be carried out at the same time.
- Ski slope maintenance: Snow slips easily on flattened, long grass, and to prevent this, ski slopes must be mulched before the start of winter. The Terratrac's mulch mower is an ideal solution on even the most extreme slopes.
- Slope maintenance: Equipped with crawler tracks and appropriate attachments, the Terratrac can also be used to create and maintain cross-country ski tracks and sled runs.
- Golf course maintenance: The Terratrac is ideal for the maintenance of fairways and roughs using various mowing systems, sweepers, aerators, scarifiers, top-dressers, fertilizer spreaders, seeders and a wide variety of other attachments. It is also highly efficient in the development or conversion phase of golf courses.
- Sports ground maintenance and construction: Sports ground maintenance is straightforward with aerator, cultivator, harrow, overseeder and many other attachments. When it comes to the construction of new grounds, the Terratrac offers many options, carrying out work with a rotary cultivator, rotary harrow, stone rake or seeder. The high PTO output, the powerful lifting gears and the low unladen weight offer real benefits, especially with regard to soil compaction.
- Terratrac on crawlers: The Terratrac can be converted from wheels to crawler tracks in a short time. Thanks to the latest design and state-of-the-art crawler tracks plus all-wheel steering, the Terratrac can operate on sensitive surfaces without damaging them, making it ideal for the preparation of ski slopes, cross-country ski tracks or sled runs.
- Overhead winch: The optional overhead winch for the TT 281 means mountainous areas or the steepest slopes no longer present an insurmountable hurdle.
Tyres: Different tyres are available as part of the standard equipment. They provide minimum soil compaction, excellent traction and best security on the slope – anytime. These properties can be further improved with twin tyres which can be mounted easily and conveniently thanks to quick-release fasteners.
Ground contact pressure: The wide-profile low-pressure tyres, and the optionally available front and rear twin tyres, provide a large contact surface and firm grip on any terrain. Together with the Terratrac’s low unladen weight, this reduces the ground contact pressure, ensuring maximum protection of the grass cover and virtually eliminating soil compaction.